Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Bella Union Bar
Level 1, Trades Hall
Corner of Victoria & Lygon Streets
Free entry. Doors open 7.30pm. Slam kicks off 8pm.
Support Rocket Clock - let's make it a happening thang and there will be stories every month at the Bella Union throughout 2011!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
In the style of the Court Jester or Fool, Matteo's artistic career has led him to paint pictures with words, mime, sound effects, improvisation, fun, music and humour. He views his art as an interactive sport, where audiences are encouraged to participate and be part of the story. He works with small children (4yrs) through to adults.
His advantage – he is doing what he loves!
Types of Stories:
- Old Wonder Tales, such as Grimm's Fairy Tales made humorous
- Adventure Stories with male/female heroes
- Fairy Stories, old and new
- Animal tales
- Scary stories (for Hallowe'en, for example)
- Thematic and instructive stories, like emergency situations or Purim
- Stories of spirit and heart
- Drawing stories
Types of Clients:
- Primary Schools
- Art Galleries
- City Councils
Friday, October 8, 2010
Its 25 years since three Werribbee writers got together and began what is now Western Union Writers group.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
• Interested in learning more about the many and diverse ways of working with story and narrative across business, community and government
•A story or narrative practitioner in any guise.
When Christine knew she was coming to Melbourne she checked out the Vic Guild blog and decided to make a night of it at the Rocket Clock Story Slam at Trades Hall.
Welcome to our beautiful city Christine.
For more info on the conference:
NB. Victorian storyteller and writer Julie Perrin is also presenting at the conference. Visit our archives storytellingguildvic.blogspot.com/2010/09/julie-perrin-restoring-world-re.html