INVITATION TO MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES
Sunday 12 November a trip on the Blackbird
The Storytelling Australia Victoria committee has been thinking about our end of year get-together. All sorts of adventures were suggested but we couldn’t go past another trip on the Blackbird.
Last year we explored the Marybyrnong but this time we thought we’d explore The Docklands. The trip is 60 minutes return.
The boat trip is our shout but you will pay for your own lunch. However we will supply snacks and nibbles for the intrepid explorers.
There are 30 places (including children) on the Blackbird and these book out fast.
• Meet at the Happy River Cafe, 45 Moreland St, Footscray (at the Footscray Community Arts Centre).
• The Arts Centre is a short walk from the train station and there is limited paid parking available if you're driving.
• The Happy River Cafe doesn't split bills.
• There are vegan / vegetarian / GF options
• The Blackbird is docked a few hundred metres from the cafe so it's only a short walk away.
• The Ferry Terminal is located: Bottom of Saltriver Place Melway 42 E5.
• The Blackbird will depart on the dot so please be on time.
* It can get nippy out on the water so please bring something warm.
PLEASE RSVP by 25 October. We only have spaces for a maximum of 30 people.
EMAIL: email@example.com SUBJECT HEADING: BLACKBIRD
* Please indicate in your email what are booking for:
• Lunch and Cruise
• How many are you booking for?
For more information: The Blackbird website
Any problems on the day contact either:
Jackie 0412 210 098 or Lana 0468 434 755
Please remember this is a members and family event so it is essential that your membership is current. To renew follow this link.
If you are new member or don’t know many of us, rest assured we are a friendly bunch and you will be made to feel welcome. Storytelling Vic takes pride in hospitality and welcoming newcomers.
Fabled Nights in Newport
• October 20: special guest documentary maker Mojan Javadi is coming along to hear about the stories you heard as a child that you still carry in your heart. Read about her project HERE
• November 17: Last gathering for the year. We will reconvene in March 2018. Come and celebrate a great year of stories with nibbles and bubbles, tea and cake.
7.30 PM – 10.30 PM
Newport Community HUB 13 Mason Street (enter via the park)
Entry $3.00 members or $5.00
RAW Garden Storytelling
• November 5: Enjoy the Festival of Lights (Deepavali) this month as we celebrate with food and stories! We invite you to bring a plate of food to share and look forward to having an amazing afternoon with you. This is the final RAW Garden Storytelling for 2017, we’ll be back in February 2018.
12.00 PM – 3.00 PM
325 South Road Brighton East