Storytelling Vic will be at the Willi Lit Fest with a session of stories to promote our key events, associations and partnerships.
- Fabled Nights in Newport is a monthly gathering on the third Friday of the month, held in partnership with Hobsons Bay Libraries.
- RAW Garden Storytelling in East Brighton is another partner event on the first Sunday of the month.
These storytellers are giving their time and talents to this festival in the west; a taste of the variety of tale spinning that goes on under our logo.
- Mary O'Meara tells personal stories of life growing up in Williamstown and Foostcray in the 1960s.
- Matt McArthur (Diver Matt) is a marine ecologist. Living by the Bay in Altona, Matt is one of our science storytellers.
- Dave Davies is a member of the Newport Fiddle and Folk Club and has been reciting verse and telling tall stories for over 60 years. One of his favourites is C.J. Dennis.
- Durgah Devi Palanisamy (Dee) moved to Australia from Singapore almost two years ago. A member of the Singapore Storytelling Association, Dee is a link to our storytelling neighbours to the north. She also hosts our monthly gatherings at the RAW Garden. Dee specialises in Asian Folk Tale.
- Jackie Kerin has a passion for working with her Hobsons Bay community in collaborative projects highlighting the local wetlands and birds and Botanic Gardens through storytelling. Several years ago, she met musician Sarah Depasquale and the Newport Folk Club and they are now a familiar storytelling duo in the western suburbs of Melbourne and beyond. Jackie also hosts Fabled Nights in Newport for Storytelling Vic.
Our event is..
WHERE: Williamstown Town Hall. 104 Ferguson Street Williamstown
WHEN: Sunday 18 June
TIME: 2.00 pm
This event is free but BOOKINGS are essential. come along and support us and enjoy a little of the Festival buzz and a coffee or a wine in Williamstown.
Thank you to the storytellers who are supporting storytelling at the Williamstown Literary Festival.