If you have trouble opening the links, visit the Australian Storytelling Guild (NSW) site HERE
Call for contributionsThis is a call to all who have a passion for the art and practice of oral storytelling to put in a proposal for a workshop, a performance, and/or a poster for the Weaving Stories Together - Sydney International Storytelling Conference 2016:
The theme for this year's conference is Through the Prism of Story
Choose a proposal submission form below.
Workshop - closes Friday January 15th 2016
Performance - closes Tuesday February 16th 2016
Poster - closes Monday March 14th 2016
Suggested Guidelines for Poster presentation
On Friday night at the welcoming soiree we will be including a Story Slam! Anyone can join in and tell a story. It does not matter if you are a first time teller or have a vast repertoire up your sleeve. It is all in the spirit of good fun and entertainment. .. so do come prepared.
- Bring a 5 minute story of any genre to tell and put your name in ‘the hat’ as you arrive.
- Names are drawn randomly from those submitted for the chance to tell. A minimum of 8 tellers will be selected or more if time permits.
- Stories are to be told, not read and presented without props or musical instruments.
- Three judges will be selected from the audience. Each storyteller is given a score on a scale of 1-10 for three different criteria: content, presentationand adherence to the 5 minute timeframe.
- The winner will receive a prize and the prestige of being the Conference Story Slam Winner!
- If you don’t want to tell and want to be a listener or if your name isn’t chosen – you can still join in the fun and be able to participate as audience members by laughing, crying, clapping, and cheering!
Throughout the conference there will be a number of Story Circles so come prepared to share a story there as well if you wish.
Thank you NSW, the Vic tellers are already excited about contributing to this conference!