Saturday, November 30, 2013

Travelling storyteller Dorte Hentschel has arrived from Berlin


Melbourne! 
For such a long time I was longing to get to know this other end of the world. As I was following the Storytelling Australia (Victoria) and their activities via the internet I got keen to get to know the people of the scene.

Since about four years I work as a storyteller in and around Berlin. I told stories in schools, kindergardens, libraries, galleries and at festivals. As well I do give workshops for storytelling and try to find out as much as I can about how to bring storytelling in its rural form into the world.

After four days of my stay I already was introduced to tell a story at the  Newport Fiddle and Folk Club. It was a great adventure and fun for me. Thank you!

The next three months I would be glad to meet storytellers who like to share experiences as well as stories. Since I have not made any fixed travel plans yet I'm open for every idea and direction to follow.

I'm happy to get messages from those who are interested in meeting. You can contact me easily via e-mail: doerte_hentschel@freenet.de

For those who might not have time for meeting but still want to know more about a part of my background I recommend the following web-page:


Hi Mum!