- Fabled Nights in Newport will be a welcoming space for you to meet. We want you to have a place to try out new ideas
- strut your stuff
- record and photograph yourself in action.
- celebrate the occasional ‘Featured Storyteller’
- get to know each other
- welcome the wider community and introduce them to storytelling.
- we can experiment with length of stories but 7 – 10 minutes seems like a good place to start.
- if you are building a repertoire for early childhood and schools, you’re welcome to experiment at Fabled Nights.
- personal story, fable, myth or legend, fairy and folk tale – we just like stories!
- in line with the values as articulated by Storytelling Vic, we ask that kind hearts and common sense prevail - misogynist, racist and homophobic stories hurt people. Please don’t bring them to Fabled Nights.
TIME: 7.30 – 10.00
WHEN: 3rd Friday of the month from April to September (Check SAV Calendar HERE)
DATES: April15, May 20, June 17, July 15, August 19 September 16
WHERE: Newport Scout Hall, 6 Market Street, Newport
COST: $3.00 members $5.00 non members
The Newport Fiddle and Folk Club have kindly offered to support our adventure. This Club celebrates spoken word (storytelling and recitation) alongside music of all genres. Many visiting storytellers have been made welcome in the folk circles and at the annual Festival. For those of you who are interested in exploring collaborative projects, this is a fertile space.
* If you're feeling that Newport is not for you, be patient, we will have gatherings in the CBD.