The End of Year Party will be an Open Mic Night, and the launch of' Fabled Nights' - a monthly Storytelling Open Mic event starting in 2016.
You can buy food and drink, listen to stories, catch up with storytelling friends, get in the raffle, (prizes to be announced soon) and generally have a good time.
If this is your first Storytelling Vic event, know that you will be welcomed and will leave feeling inspired and supported in you dreams to tell stories.
Storytelling Open Mic Rules:
- There is only a limited number of spots on the open mic, so first in, first on the board.
- Each performer who signs up to the Open Mic will be given 8 minutes to tell a story.
- One story within the 8 minutes - if you finish early, then it is the next persons turn.
- The story must be told, not read.
- The theme is open, it can be a fairytale, a true tale, or any other type of tale.
Thank you to the wonderful Lana Woolf for the planning and hosting. Lana is the first to cross the bridge between * Melbourne Spoken Word and Storytelling Vic.The way is open for storytellers and poets to meet, collaborate and learn from each other's craft. Lana also brings recording and broadcasting skills to SAV. When not writing and performing, Lana is a broadcaster with Joy Radio whose mission is the breaking down of isolation and the celebration of the culture, achievements and pride of the diverse GLBTIQ community.
*Remember poets, this is a storytelling event.
DATE: Tuesday 24th November 2015
TIME: 6.30 pm
PLACE: Bull and Bear Tavern 347 Flinders Lane