Sunday, January 20, 2013

Listening at the crossroads workshop. Sunday 10 and 17 February, 3 March 2013


Invitation from Clare Coburn ...

Last August and October I ran a few different versions of this workshop in New Zealand--a brief hour or so at an August conference for an audience of 70 arbitrators, mediators, various legal and counselling folk who loved it. Then I ran an overflowing weekend workshop on the Kapiti Coast north of Wellington and received enthusiastic feedback plus a wonderful response to a fully booked 1/2 day workshop at the Greytown Arts festival in the Wairarapa. 

Here in Australia it seems either we all know how to listen and deal with conflict, challenge and change in our lives OR perhaps it's my less than marvellous promotional skills (you can help by forwarding this on to anyone you think may be interested).

Now, I'm no guru. Although I call myself a professional listener, I'm a recovering conflict avoider and control freak who knows how much listening and stories can help. I want to share my fascination with these topics not just in NZ but right here in my home town in Australia. 

So, here's the challenge: I need at least eight more people to come along to three Sunday afternoons to explore this topic on 10, 17 February and 3 March from 1.30 to 5.30pm at 319 Auburn Road, Hawthorn. 

Here's what you'll explore:
  • stories of conflict, challenge and transformation from traditional sources and our own lives
  • creative ways to address conflict, challenge and change
  • a smidgen of theory from my extensive research and practice on this topic (my PhD is all about it, read the concluding chapter here).
 Who may like to join us:
  • ordinary listeners, professional listeners (teachers, educators, mediators, counsellors, legal folk) storytellers, writers 
  • those willing to explore conflict, challenge and change with a lively and fascinating group of people
EXCLUSIVE
Over the summer, I have created a few new exercises that even the kiwis haven't done yet. Come along and experience them.

More details please call me and I'll treat you to some intensive listening and creative responses!

Warm wishes 

Clare 
Clare Coburn, PhD
fabled communication