This workshop will be interactive and practical with ample demonstrations and with brief exercises to develop skills. The developmental appropriateness, value and efficacy of storytelling in therapy will be explored. You will have a chance to consider why storytelling works, how to introduce and incorporate storytelling in counselling, gain a resource of sample stories as well as ideas of where to look for suitable stories for therapy.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Understand how stories can facilitate healing
- Understand the theory informing this work
- Experience and discuss the therapeutic uses of story telling
- Practise creating and telling stories
- Develop ways to incorporate storytelling into practice
- Gain a set of story resources to use for counselling
- Learn in the safety and support of a small group environment
Psychologists, school counsellors, social workers, counsellors, case workers, child and family counsellors, psychotherapists, pastoral workers, other allied health professionals and students of these disciplines. Provisional psychologists can attend at student rates.
WellSpring Centre - 10 Y Street, Ashburton, Melbourne. Residential street parking and walking distance to trains and buses.
Kim Billington - Masters in Counselling, Grad Cert in Narrative Therapy.
For all the details, registration etc visit HERE
* Kim is a member of Storytelling Australia Victoria. This workshop is an independent project.